Friday, July 10, 2015

Stepping stones of faith

A few weeks ago, my friend Brandi Rennemeyer contacted me and asked if I'd be a guest blogger in a series appearing this week on StandwithHannahJoy.com. 

Brandi is helping some other friends of mine write a book about the amazing, challenging and faith-building journey they've had with their daughter, Hannah Joy, who suffered a serious near-drowning accident in 2011. To help pave the way for their story, they asked a few friends to write about their own "deep waters," journeys that have illuminated the faithfulness of God.

I initially told Brandi "no." It had been a long time since I'd blogged about anything. I've spent the last five years immersed in caring for my two young boys. As a journalist, I have always been more comfortable writing about other people -- their dreams, struggles, challenges and joys. 

But Brandi was asking me to do something on a more personal level. She encouraged me to keep thinking about it. I did, and felt like the Lord gave me something to say.

Here's that story of God's faithfulness.

No comments: